Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Comment Commentary

I logged on with the intention of dashing off some witty and insightful commentary on the important news stories of the day, including Ariel Sharon's stroke, the West Virginia mining tragedy, and Lindsay Lohan's eating disorder. But when the Our House In Jersey page appeared on the screen, my keen eye noticed that somebody left a comment on our last post.

A comment? I was immediately distracted. Could it be that somebody is reading our blog? Is it possible that some cyber-wanderer stumbled upon our humble site, perused our musings, and was so moved by our words that he/she was actually compelled to tell us?

Probably not, I thought. Probably it's one of my housemates adding a little note. (We're our own most loyal readers.)

I clicked.

And to my great surprise, the name at the top of the comment was not Maria. Nor was it Moray. Nor Aaron, nor Basil, nor Olivia. The comment is from somebody calling himself "lior".

I've only ever known one person named Lior. He reminds me of Ewan McGregor, not because he's a good-looking Scottish actor (although I could comfortably argue that he fits that description) but because I saw Trainspotting with him and our friend Rich.

If Lior had left an email address, I'd have dashed off a charming little note that might have gone something like this: "Lior? Dude! How the heck are you? How's your sister? I can't even remember the last time I saw her ... or you, for that matter. How on earth did you find our blog? If you feel like traveling to the Jersey City/NYC area, come visit us! Hope all is well and that you're enjoying 2006 so far. --Liz P.S. Who are the Aqua Teen Hunger Force? Are they near Grove Street?"

You know what I just realized? If people are actually reading our blog, I oughta start spell-checking.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

IT IS I, LIOR.

BEHOLD.

Heheheheh.

Sue gave me your house blog address. Not the real address, just the blog address, BUT THAT'S JUST FINE.

Gimmie a holla at liorlalas@hotmail.com --> and then all things Greenberg shall be revealed.

1/05/2006 01:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And by the way, putting me in the same sentence as Ewan McGregor, even if "doesn't look like" intercedes, still humbles me to this very day.

1/05/2006 01:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, the internet(s). bringing people together, one blog at a time.

1/06/2006 01:16:00 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Hi, Lior!!! Hi Sue!!!! It's a Hornell blogger reunion!!!

:D

1/08/2006 03:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >