Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Autumn Leaves

Well, folks, it's fall... and though the leaves haven't exactly started changing yet (it's October 16th, I forget when this is supposed to happen), I thought I'd drop a line and share all things "Our House In Jersey".

Personally, I'm feeling much better now that my week-and-a-half-long cold is passing. Not only that, but I managed to get my Titanium Powerbook (c. Dec. 2001) back in action after having a minor meltdown (hard drive permanent failure), so I'm now feeling much more in control of my life.

Sigh, the modern era.

Speaking of technology, however, Moray has dragged me into the world of Facebook, and for any other users out there interested, we now have an OHIJ group established for all who live, have visited, or are generally interested in OHIJ. If any of you actually exist out there, find the group here: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5720984132

I could make a link, but I'm not *that* modern.

In other news, Moray's exhibit was really cool- Beth Ann, Moray and myself went up to Canco Lofts to see the various shows happening there a couple weekends ago. They had a fun party in honor of the JC Artists Studio Tour - lots of food, beverages, and belly dancers. Nifty space, we'll have to go take pictures before the show ends this weekend... After that, we went to our new downtown establishment, Skinner's Loft, which completely blew us away. Beautiful restaurant, good beer, GORGEOUS food (please imagine Neil Diamond saying "gorgeous"). I felt like I'd left JC and ended up in Oz. The land of fairytales, not of HBO dramas. Just to clarify.

Hmmmm aside from that, listening to Radiohead's new "In Rainbows" non-stop. Waking up every day with a new song in my head... I'm a little obsessed. Been far too long since I've had anything I felt like listening to more than twice... Or anything that actually made me want to make music, for that matter. I'd love to rant on about all things Radiohead, but they've been blogged about enough this week...

One other side note, Carmen, mother of our landlady, stopped by a couple weeks ago to drop off a giant, delicious, amazing vat of seafood pasta. It was truly one of the most amazing things I've ever tasted. I'm not sure why she felt the need to bestow this beautiful thing upon us, but I (and Beth Ann, as we are the two fish eaters) am truly grateful. Yet one more reason I love our house in jersey.

-Maria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >