Saturday, February 18, 2006

...then it all melted.

Well, that was a short-lived blizzard. Actually, Beth Ann informs me that it wasn't technically a blizzard, because of something related to wind speed. Not sure. In any case, there is no longer any snow, just a few meager days later. all 2 feet or so of it has melted.

But I'm feeling nostalgic already! Maybe it will snow again one day.

In the mean time, I would like to update our fanbase of 3 people by informing them of what the residents of 'Our House In Jersey" have been up to:

Beth Ann in now obsessed with Roy Mendenhall, of "Cookie's Roy Mendenhall's Way" fame. Well, maybe not fame, but she made his cookies last weekend. They were in a local San Antonio cookbook. That's more famous than me. Although at this point, I get more google hits than Roy Mendenhall. Ha, Roy! Anyway. His cookies are technically just oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips and walnuts, but apparently you can patent that. Or maybe he didn't even go that far, maybe he just "claims them as his own". Anyway, if we go to Burger King ever, we shall no longer want it our way, we'll want it Roy's way. and if that's not enough, we might have to make a Backstreet Boys (or is it that 98 degree band?) parody that goes "I want it Roy's way. Mendenhall!! I want to bake some coooo-kies. Mendenhall!!! Let's add some chocolate chiiiiips. Mendenhall! Why not through in some oatmeal? IIII waaaant it Roooooy's way."

Aaron (or dubla as I affectionately call him) has been kicking it solo style on his new website, also courtsey of iweb: www.ajforsyth.com (i think, it's listed in our side bar.) He has yet another spinoff blog on it. And lots of excellent make-up work. You know, though, I'm not sure about all these "spinoff" blogs. Aaron and Moray seem to think they can do better on their own, they don't NEED the support and guidance we offer on Our House In Jersey. And that's fine, I just want them to realize, we were a team once. There was a time when I would look at the blog and see monkey ball battles. Well, verbal mokeyball battles, anyway. Now?? NOW?? I actually have to communicate with you two in person. What kind of internet relationship is that?!?!?! Moray, you used to be my internet boyfriend. Now you're just my husband!!! We never IM anymore!!! *sooob*

This is what happens when I wake up too early and blog.

OH! But back to Aaron, Mr. Equity has been uber-motivated, getting up early and doing lots of excellent auditions. rock on, aaron. even if you don't blog on our blog anymore. hmph.

I sometimes enjoy my inconsistent use of capital letters.

Okay, Moray now has, like, 46 friends on myspace. ok, maybe not as many as demetri martin, but pretty good! He's had people all across the country sending him messages and enjoying his paintings. There are now a few for sale online! I can't remember the address, but you can click it through his website. Also, a side note, our floor now has many-colored paint blotches on it. Always very motivating. go bun! even if you don't blog on our blog anymore. hmph.

As for moi, well, I've played at Gianna's 3 times now. the first was fine, i guess they like me. the second was valentine's day, and there happened to be a reality show being filmed at the back table for LOGO, which conveniently, no one mentioned to me ahead of time. Somewhere in the world there is now footage of me improvising non-public domain music in a piano bar for a gay reality show. on valentine's day. I like to imagine sitting with Beth Ann when we were 10 or so, discussing our future plans for world-domination, and thinking, where WILL I be 17 years from now? And the skies open and say "Maria... future greatness awaits you... cable television.... new york city.... a day will come when you will improvise non-public domain music in a piano bar for a gay reality show. on valentine's day." or something to that effect.

Livia no longer has a lamp-shade on her head, and is recovering nicely. Basil is huge. There is order in the world. And that's the update!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A blizzard is sustained winds of at least 35 mph and visibility of less than a quarter-mile for 3 hours or more. At least that's the consensus definition that all the news people reported. I know the US Weather Bureau included temperature in their classification, and I think I heard that the Canadians are even more strict.

I mean, everyone knows that.

Hi guys! *waves*

Good update. My 2 near-brushes with reality TV: some lady in Blacksburg got a new house and dance studio for that Xtreme Makeover show...I think it just aired, but it disrupted traffic in Blacksburg for a week...they loved the attention. And there was a chick from Corning on "The Bachelor" a year or two ago. They actually filmed some of it in Corning. I hate reality TV.

The most interesting story I have this week: I had to go for an eye exam because I work with "lasers" and they don't want me to sue the company later. For this exam, they dilate my eyes on a very sunny day and then shine a pen light in them until I cry. Well, guess what happens when the dilation wears off one one eye before the other? Wacky hijinx as I stumble around the apartment. It's like I had on 3-D glasses, but at least my eyes looked pretty disturbing.

I hope you guys watch "The Soup" on E! each week, because a few weeks ago there was a Tony Danza reference, a Cher reference, and something else that I can't remember that was relevant.

--Rich, waking from his winter olympic hangover.

3/01/2006 01:04:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >