Friday, August 18, 2006

If you play this blog backwards, it says "Aaron is dead." But it's not true.

The purpose of this post is to reassure y'all that Aaron Jerome does, in fact, still live here. It occurred to us at dinner tonight that his failure to blog for many months may have given the misleading impression that he left Our House In Jersey to be a glittering backup dancer on the next Cher-well tour. But he's here, he's alive, he's well, he's cracking us up as usual. Earlier tonight he made us dinner (while singing "Me and Bobby McGee" in the style of Cher), and even set fresh flowers on the table. Following dinner, we had a screening of "Daddy's Pride and Joy", a short film in which Aaron has a cameo. At the risk of sounding like James Lipton, I think I can safely say that this is the greatest film ever made. Following THAT, he and I spent some time flipping through his notebooks of stand-up comedy ideas (he's working on a show), which include random scrawled phrases like "vomit sneeze" and "nipples askew".

During the course of the evening, Aaron gave me permission to share with you this little glimpse into our house (in Jersey). It's a running list we keep on the fridge. So without further ado, we present:

The Gayest Things Aaron Has Ever Said

#7. "C'mon, finish up. The Golden Girls are on Lifetime at 10:30. Back-to-back episodes, followed by the Designing Women."

#6. "I should've known that wasn't Barbra Streisand. I've seen all her movies."

#5. "Let's go fabric shopping and scent shopping!"

#4. "Those will be really good for potpourri!"

#3. "I can't believe I went through three episodes of Wonder Woman while I was decoupaging."

#2. "He looked just like Barbra Streisand's son."

And the #1 Gayest Thing Aaron Has Ever Said (and it should be noted that he blurted it out during a commercial break at a Super Bowl party full of straight men) ...

"Oh my God! Bette Midler looks so good! She has lost sooo much weight!"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) Thought I'd say something fabulouoso, since I can't even spell it! I just wish my friends, ahem, would have thought of blogging MY gayest things ever said. I've been cahllenged to a gay-off... whatever that is. I'm just glad that my gayest moment, which is on video, has not been seen. I'm glad camcorders in 1994 were so crappy. You guys and gals totally ROCK! Ciao for now.

9/08/2006 11:45:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >