Friday, October 21, 2005

...And it was tasty.

It WAS a tasty dinner! I'm now starting to realize that even though you are living with 3 wonderful people and 2 kitties, the possibility of spending real, quality time with them is not as easy as I'd thought. By the time I get home every night, I'm totally exhausted, and want to flake out in front of my gameboy for that last few moments of consciousness before I tank out. That is a sad thing.

We're all busy bees, though, and that is a good thing. For example, Moray's been immersing himself in a world of yoga schooling. I'm very proud of him, and completely baffled the laws of physics allow for him to do headstands so easily. I gotta say, that peacock thing is just whacko. The man can balance himself horizontally on just his hands. WEIRD!!!! Yet totally captivating. Meanwhile, he makes me turkey sandwiches for lunch in the morning, after making me coffee, as well. Word up, husband. You rock. :D

Beth Ann is immersing herself in her new job, adjusting to a whole new circle of contacts, getting into the rhythm of this crazy town. But I know she's enjoying herself, because she came up with a great idea for a comedy sketch for her office party talent show... (yes she works somewhere where her office has a talent show, and i'm completely jealous). I'll only say it involves about 5 company tech guys named "Mike." That's pretty funny on it's own.

Aaron (Dubla) is, as we speak, upstate performing in a show! and spent all week going to Broadway shows and doing make-up for his tv show. The man rules, and I can no longer keep track of him. I long for the days when we all assaulted each other verbally while fighting for the monkeyball championship! Alas! I'm totally excited he has so much going on. In fact, he was at an event the other day where Rufus Wainwright tripped in front of him.

And the kittens... well, I'll be honest. Their schedules aren't quite as jam-packed with excitement as the rest of our family members; however, it's just not easy sleeping all day. and dreaming... about food. Then eating. and sleeping some more. It's a rough life. But they're getting big, I'll take some pics soon.

As for moi, I've spent the past few weeks downloading random images of celebrities from the 1940's, and harrassing Lincoln Center for a b-roll of some shows they've put on recently. I have said the phrase "Hello, my name is Maria Dessena, and I'm helping to organize a benefit dinner in honor of the Peter Jay Sharp foundation" approximately 50,000,078 times this week alone. And I still manage to screw it up. I kept calling it the Jay Peter Sharp foundation, because I had a teacher in college we used to call J. Peter B. He taught early music history. Rockin' Pete Burkholder. But I digress.

Well, that's my update. That, and mentioning the upcoming, rockin' at ya, KURT WEILL recital on Nov. 5th! yeah! Kurt Weill is officially taking over NYC. Because I said so. As well, next weekend is our house halloween/housewarming/maria b-day party! Looking forward to that.

If you're still reading, twenty years later, I'll end with a brief story. My dear husband and I spent last evening at Webster Hall attending a Devendra Banhart concert. Devendra didn't actually come onstage until about 11:15 PM, at which point I was mostly comotose and in pain from standing in unsupportive shoes for a few hours. But previous to his arrival, a band came on called Tarantula AD. Cellist, guitarist (well, actually, it was a two-necked guitar/bass thingy, not sure the official name of those things), and percussionist. At some point, they all played piano. Each one. and The guitarist switched to cello, and the cellist switched to violin. then a soprano came out. All the while, they were rockin' like Faith No More. It was very confusing and compelling. Just wanted to share that. I'm now going to go look them up online.

Signing off,

Maria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >