Sunday, January 15, 2006

Mostly Freezing; H 32, L tbd

Brrrrr.

Motion to rename Our House in Jersey, Our #*%&ing Freezing House in Jersey. (Charming symbols in place of curse words b/c I think it's important to make at least SOME effort to be ladylike.)

Maria just spent 41 minutes on the phone with PSEG: 40 on hold, and one during which the customer service representative explained that nobody can come out to help us until Tuesday. I have the day off tomorrow, and I Have A Dream that I could swap it for a day later in the week, when (theoretically) our heat will be back on and I could comfortably pursue important household activities such as sitting around on my ass. (So much for the effort toward ladylike vocabulary.)

I'm tempted to go for a little run, but I dread the idea of changing into appropriate jogging attire b/c that would mean that I'd have to take off my warm cozy sweater and be EXTRA cold for a few seconds. So my running shoes will stay in the closet and instead I will cave to the opposite temptation that is currently pulling at me: snuggling up under a soft blanket and enjoying some Gruyere & Gouda & water crackers & the second Lord of the Rings movie with Maria & Moray. And a cup of tea. HOT tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >