Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sundry

It's a little gray and rainy today. I don't usually mind the rain -- in fact, I quite like it -- but I've been spoiled by the bright, sunshiney, delightfully warm weather we've had the last couple of days. PERFECT weather yesterday, so last night I grabbed some Jason Mraz (my favorite running companion)and ventured out for a little jog around our neighborhood, thinking the whole time about ... gardening. Gardening? Really? I've never been into gardening, but I now have a spring weather-inspired itch to plant something and watch it grow. Maria and I spent some time thumbing through her gardening book this morning, looking at pictures of irises and cosmos and trying to figure out where and how we can plant an herb garden without inviting the neighbor cat to pee in it. We don't really know much about making things grow, so advice is welcome (hint).

In other news from our house (in Jersey), Aaron spent last weekend doing dinner theatre upstate. He returned with photos of himself in all kinds of fabulous and flamboyant (and very, very coordinated) costumes. Gorgeous.

Moray took a guitar lesson, thus inspiring me to blow the dust off my guitar and discover that, after a year of not practicing at all, I still can't play an F chord. Moray's brother Cameron visited from Scotland a couple of weeks ago, and I think they were really glad to see each other. We have some great photos of the two of them, which we'll have to post soon. In addition to practicing the guitar and entertaining his brother, Moray has been navigating his way through the immigration process. He and Maria had an INS interview recently, during which they were asked to demonstrate the validity of their marriage via such universally acknowledged symbols of love and commitment as joint bank accounts and shared property. I wish the INS could spend a day in our house, overhearing regular conversations that go like this: "Bunny? Where are the kitties?" "You're a kitty." "Awww!" **smooch**

In addition to sponsoring her husband's immigration, Maria has been working on all kinds of musical projects. I don't know enough about them to offer a description, but I know they've been keeping her busy. And she's going to do me a favor and play piano tomorrow night at a small St. Patrick's Day dinner I'm doing for work.

Speaking of St. Patrick's Day, I'm a little sad that I missed the parade in Rochester this year. No parade, no bagpipes, no wacky firefighters, no crazy party adventures with my friend Jen, no dinner at Shamrock Jack's. If any of y'all reading this are in Roch, lush it up a little for me this year.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

liz-annie, you're there!!!!!!!!!!!

3/16/2006 06:49:00 PM  
Blogger Liz/Beth Ann said...

Lainey!!!! YOU'RE there!!!!! How in the world are you??? What's your email address??????

3/17/2006 07:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Beth Ann,

I had a fairly lengthy comment on Jason Mraz, the elusive F-chord and the even more evil B-minor, but it wouldn't let me post. so this is a test , of sorts. If it goes through I'm going to call it "A Tribute To What Could Have Been The Greatest Comments Of The Last Several Minutes". Actually, that seems way to long.....how about we just call it Fred?

3/27/2006 10:14:00 PM  
Blogger Liz/Beth Ann said...

Marty, Marty ... Try commenting again, man. Or send me an email. I totally wanna hear your thoughts on J. Mraz, as well as how to make my little girl fingers reach all of those steel strings at once. (I'm considering using two hands, and then strumming with my foot.) Also interested in a Marty update. Photography? Motorcycles? Comedy? Hook me up with all the news that's fit to ... well, you know.

3/28/2006 11:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >