Thursday, January 04, 2007

Official "We've Been Tagged Post"

Ok, first and foremost, why the heck is my picture now on the front page of our blog??? I did NOT do that. I followed the directions and switched our blog over to google, and now for some reason my pic shows up. For the record, I am NOT the only member of our house in Jersey!

Moving on, our blog was tagged by Matt Van Brink last night, and since it's been at least 10 years since I participated in any kind of chain letter-forward-type-thing (even these new-fangled 'blog forwards"), I though I'd try this one, since it sounds fun. In my defense, I feel this forward promotes learning by exposure to new ideas, and that is how I'm legitimizing my participation. And since there are 4 of us, hopefully the other members of OHIJ contribute as well. Now, here are the rules.

"Find the nearest book. Turn to page 123. Go to the fifth sentence on the page.
Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog. Name the book and the author, and tag three more folks."

And here is my reply. I swear to God this was the closest book to me.

"By filling out this form, you attest that you are a United States citizen and that you will be 18 years old on or before Election Day. (If you will not be 18 on or before Election Day but could pass for 18 and need some quick cash, fill out form V-18, available in basement room B-05 after 7 p.m. Ask for Carlo."

-"America (The Book) / A Citizen's Guide to Democracy Inaction", by Jon Stewart, Ben Karlin & David Javerbaum (with a foreward by Thomas Jefferson)

So there. I shall now tag Sue, Brian, and Kate.

Have fun guys!

-Maria

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before I respond to this - please, please, do not judge either my usual reading matter or my general level of literature from the following lines: I'm at work, hence the nearest book is the first one on top of the closest shelving pile!

Page 123, the next three lines following the fifth sentence:

18. Principal Gupta
19. Rommel, Grandmere's dog.
20. Kevin Bacon.

The book, alas, is volume seven of The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. Her Right Royal Highness, Princess Amelia Mignonette Renaldi Thermopolis, or something equally Julie Andrews, is listing 'the people I love, in order of how much I love them'. The end of the list is her Grandmere, the Dowager Princess, ranked at 25,000,000, because she has just tricked Mia into performing the lead role in her musical Braid! a thrilling production concerning the assassination of a former king of their country due to strangulation by one of his wife's plaits.

I wish I was joking - many apologies for lowering the tone of what I'm sure was supposed to be a very serious undertaking :)

Happy New Year to you all!

Kate xx

1/09/2007 07:18:00 AM  
Blogger Moray Watson said...

aww if that's lowering the tone, then our tonicity needs testing, or, um..... stretching

1/09/2007 07:46:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >