Wednesday, March 14, 2007

immersed

This is kind of an odd blog for me to make as I don’t really talk about Scotland so much, but for some reason I felt the need to share this video. It also kind of backs up my moan from an earlier blog concerning the weather. I have been missing the cloudy and moody weather of Scotland lately (although it is winter here) it is actually very difficult to actually see 'the sky' so I went walking in the annals of the internet and 'youtube' to find some inspiration (and not just for the ‘Wwooow-bodyform’ adverts for Aaron like usual, UK readers cringe with delight).
The video below is of the Edinburgh skyline, time-lapsed to show the wild and crazy sky that can be seen on an almost daily basis. You get the idea of the drama and the passion of movement, the dramatic and extreme light changes that influenced my childhood so much. The romantic tenure of my past really seems to have haunted and immersed my mind, my paintings and my Yoga practice of late.
Many times I’ve sat upon Arthur's seat and watched the rain clouds float by as the colours of green and blue merged into warm browns and on into the darkness as the sun sets over the distant hills. Many an evening I sat and watched the moon from my humble tenement window as the golden yellow sandstone buildings shine pale in the light against the dark overtones of the Gothic city streets. So excellently encapsulated by the Philip Glass music, it really does capture something that is unique to Scotland and Edinburgh that makes you actually miss the damp and cold.
Maybe it’s time for a trip back.........



it also captures that strange mystery cloud that emanates ominously like the 'eye of Sauron' over in Fife!

m

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heartily agree - you should both come!

Calton Hill is a good place for stars too, although the wind can be punishing if it was more of a spur-of-the-moment midnight walk than a planned outing. I watched the sun come up there on the day after the summer solstice last year - nearly got blown off!

Kate xx

3/20/2007 10:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >