Monday, January 15, 2007

Meatapalooza: Week Two

I’m addicted to some guy’s blog. I stumbled onto it because of a Jersey reference, and I've been sucked into it by sentences like this: “I always have a stack of papers in my life that I can’t throw away yet can’t put anywhere.” Who can’t relate to that? I’d encourage you to read about his pet gerbils or the time he started a fire while baking brownies, but I’m sure you’re much more interested in Meatapalooza.

"Meatapalooza" is what Maria and I have decided to call our weekly meat endeavors. Maria brilliantly came up with the name, and I’m so amused by it that I try and casually work it into conversations whenever possible. ("Excuse me, does this train go to Journal Square?" "Meatapalooza!" "What?" "Um,
no, it goes to Hoboken.")

Our second Meatapalooza event was on Thursday night, and the featured dish was Steak With Shallot-Merlot Sauce. We served it up with some au gratin potatoes and salad, and it looked like this:


Lest Moray’s dinner go undocumented, here’s a photo of his pasta:


And a photo of him enjoying his pasta:


And although Aaron did not eat dinner with us, he did enjoy a taste of potato:


I think I might have preferred a little less butter in the shallot-merlot sauce, but otherwise it was delicious. All in all, I’d call our second Meatapalooza event (sponsored, of course, by my brother Jonathan) a success.

Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go read about how some guy got cable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Moray Watson said...

from now on all photo's of me on the blog have to be vetoed

1/15/2007 06:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But the pasta looks great!

Kate xx

2/02/2007 07:17:00 AM  
Blogger Moray Watson said...

the real star

2/02/2007 10:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >