Monday, September 25, 2006

me: the times. they are a-changin' Rich: sing on, Bob Dylan.

I'm not the first to say it: The internet has changed the world. When I think about the tremendous volume of information available to me, the potential to share ideas and interact with brilliant minds around the world, and the opportunity to effect positive social change, I become overwhelmed and have instant message conversations like this one:

Rich: well, anyway...I've had 4 hot dogs this year.
me: Year's not over yet.
Rich: and a Bratwurst in Milwaukee.


That is an actual exchange, copied and pasted with no alterations.

So what is the point of this blog entry? There are three points, actually:

1. The internet, like every medium, is useful only insofar as we choose to use it.
2. Anything can sound weird when taken out of context.
3. Friend Rich loves hot dogs but hates breakfast foods. He wants the world (not just his Cornell friends) to know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Liz, I don't know Rich but he should try to up his brat/hotdog ratio beyond 1:4. I want some more info about your trip. And definitely some shots of the Corn Palace. What year was your fav design?

drw

10/15/2006 06:03:00 PM  
Blogger Liz/Beth Ann said...

Hey! I never in a million years would have pegged you for a blog reader!!

I want to hear about your trip, too, World Traveler. Maybe if y'all would come visit (hint, hint), we could have a really long (and really nerdy) slide show.

Hug your wife for me!

xoxo
Liz

10/15/2006 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

< ? NJ Bloggers # >